Here’s a look at some of the new knitting books on the horizon. I’m more excited about some of them than others, but … wow, what a list. I just wish I could buy them all. (Of course, since I can’t, you will NOT be getting reviews of all of them. Just so you know.)
Now–long as this list is, there’s no way I’ve covered all of them. If there’s a book you know that’s not on the list, just drop me a comment and I’ll add it.
Due in September:
- All About Knitting by Montgomery & Co
- Alt-Fiber: 25 Projects for Knitting Green with Bamboo, Soy, Hemp, and More by Shannon Okey
- Classic Elite knits, from Classic Elite review is up HERE.
- Essential Knits for Kids by Debbie Bliss
- The Free-Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (Yay!)
- Mason-Dixon: Knitting Outside the Lines by Kay Gardiner and Ann Meador Shayne book, which just has to be good. Review is up HERE.
- The Prayer Shawl Companion by Janet Bristow and Victoria Cole-Galo
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Sock Knitting by Laura Chau
- Together or Separate: Knitting the New Twinset by Ann McCauley
- Twinkle’s Town and Country Knits, by Wenlan Chia
- Vogue Knitting on the Go: Shawls Two, by Vogue Knitting
Due in October:
- Alterknits Felt: Imaginative Projects for Knitting and Felting, by Leigh Radford
- Baby Beanies: Happy Hats to Knit for Little Heads by Amanda Keeys
- Bags that Rock by Kelley Deal
- Boutique Knits looks so, so good.
- Continuous Cables: An Exploration of Knitted Cable Knots, Rings, Swirls, and Curlicues, by Melissa Leapman–considering how good her first one was, that seems awfully promising. Review is up HERE.
- Color Style by Pam Allen and Ann Budd. Review is up HERE.
- Country Weekend Knits by Madeline Weston.
- Ethnic Knitting Exploration: Lithuania, Iceland and Ireland, by Donna Druchanas.
- Glam Knits: 25 Designs for Luxe Yarn by Stephanie Japel
- Harmony Guide: 101 Stitches to Knit by Erika Knight
- It Girl Knits: 30 Fresh Styles for the Young and Fabulous by Phoenix Bess
- It Itches, by Franklin Habit, a book of knitting cartoons (with my very favorite one on the cover).
- Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush … ooh, such pretty lace!
- Knitters’ Yarn Palette by Claire Montgomerie
- Knitting Art by Karen Searle
- Knitting Noro by Jane Ellison
- Let’s Knit! Learn Fast with Essential Techniques by Monette Satterfield
- Luxury One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant
- Natural Knits for Babies and Toddlers by Tina Barrett
- Picture Perfect Knits by Laura Birek.
- Scrumptious Toppers for Tots and Toddlers by Debby Ware
- The Sock Knitting Kit by Alyce Benevides and Jaqueline Milles
- Strip and Knit with Style by Mark Hordyszynski
- The Ultimate Knitting Bible by Sharon Brant
- Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters by Lise Lotte Lystrup
Due in November:
- Knitting on Top of the World by Nicki Epstein
Due in December:
- Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques by Margaret Radcliffe.
- Knit One Below: One Stitch, Many Fabrics by Elise Duvekot.
- Knitted Jackets by Cheryl Oberle.
Due in 2009:
- Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson, which you know is going to be great, because the socks on her blog are always fantastic.
- French Girls Knit by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes.
- Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski
- Intentional Spinner by Judith MacKenzie McCuin. I know, it’s not knitting, but ooh, this one looks good!