Since several publishers have been kind enough to provide me with review copies, it seems selfish to keep ALL of them, so it seemed a good time to have a contest.
In fact, it’s a multi-part contest! You’ve got more than one way to win!
Here’s what you have to do. Either…
1. Link to Knitting Scholar on your blog or website. That gets the blog-owner’s name entered in the drawing. (Note–the blog-owner must leave a comment here with a link to her blog post to be eligible. Otherwise, how would I know?)
2. Leave a comment ON THIS POST. (Preferably telling me something nice, like why you like the site, but really, compliments are optional.) This gets you entered in the drawing.
But, wait! There’s more!
3. When you leave your comment, tell me how you found your way here. If you came via a link from someone’s blog, you not only get entered yourself, but the blog who sent you here gets an extra chance to win!
In other words, if, um, Sally links here and mentions the contest–she gets one chance. If five people come here from her blog and leave comments referring to Sally’s blog, not only do they each get one chance to win, but they each give Sally another chance … meaning Sally will now have SIX chances to win.
So, if you have a blog, it behooves you to send as many people over here as you possibly can. And if you found your way here from someone’s blog, it’s a Nice Thing to Do, to tell me how you got here.
4. If you came via RSS feed OR you subscribe to Knitting Scholar’s RSS feed now, say so, and you get Two chances instead of just one! (Those are those “Subscribe” buttons at the top right. You’re on the honor system, here, but I do know what my subscriber numbers look like right now, so I’ve got an idea how many people subscribe already–so, no fibbing!)
5. If you came from another blog and then write your own post linking here–be sure to specify in your comment the name of the blogger who referred you in the first place AND a link to your own blog. (This gives you the chance to get extra chances for yourself, but still Do the Right Thing by making sure the person whose blog you heard about this from gets her extra chance, too.)
So. The technical, small-print stuff.
You must leave comments ON THIS POST to be eligible for the prize drawing. Comments left on any other post will not qualify.
There will be at least two winners (possibly more), who will be selected via some sort of Random-Number Generator.
The contest is open for entrants until … November 15th, 2008. That should give everyone plenty of time to write a post and to give readers a chance to respond. Obviously, I want to give as much chance for the word to spread as possible!
Did I miss anything?
Now, while you’re here–please take a look around!
NOTE: November 16–comments have been closed, and now I have to do all the math to figure out the winners!