First, the facts:
Author: Tanis Gray
Published by: Interweave Press, 2015
Type: Patterns, men and women
1. Scarves & Wraps
2. Cowls & Shawls
4. Mittens & Wristers
5. Matching Sets
The In-Depth Look:
Let’s explore this one with bullet points, shall we?
- First–the size of this collection is amazing. Forty-six patterns in one book? When you consider that most books seem to range between 12-20 patterns, the fact that this book has nearly 50 is astounding.
- All the patterns were designed for one specific yarn: Cascade’s Longwood, a superwash, medium-weight yarn which makes everything in here machine washable. (Though, of course, you can always substitute another yarn if you like.)
- The patterns are all for men or women (or both)–so everything, including the sweaters, are for adults.
- Shawls, scarfs, hats, gloves, sweaters–all the things you’d expect. Great patterns. Lots of variety.
- On a purely personal level, I’m finding it impossible to read or write about this book without humming the Paul McCartney song.
Seriously, Tanis Gray pretty much never disappoints, and she knocked it out of the park with this one.
This book can be found at Amazon.com or at one of your local shops.
This review copy was kindly donated by Interweave Press. Thank you!
Other posts for this author: